You’ve all been waiting for them and here they are – Horse and Rider/Driver Mileage Totals for 2018:
Buck Shrader passed away April 26, 2019. He was an lifetime and honorary member of ECTRA who timed over 8000 miles of rides and was an ECTRA Volunteer of the Year. With his wife Donna, he helped run many rides starting in 1979 until his retirement (from ECTRA) at the 2015 at the Glass Rides. Many, many ECTRA riders will remember Buck for his unbounding enthusiasm, his choice of wake up calls (usually a rooster crow or Tarzan followed by God Bless America sung by Kate Smith) and his efficiency at keeping everybody on time. He will be deeply missed by the entire ECTRA family. Buck’s full obiturary may be viewed HERE.
The next two BOD meetings will be held via Skype on June 3rd and September 9th at 7pm. As a reminder, all ECTRA BOD Meetings are open to any members that wish to attend, even those conducted via Skype. There are a limited number of slots that can be used for Skype so please contact Rebecca Wachtel at firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions on how to join the call. Please note that meeting dates are also always included in the minutes published in the newsletter.
New Rulebook for 2019. See changes below.
Rulebook Changes for 2019 Ride Year
- Section I under second paragraph, “Spirit of the Rules,” item 1. was changed to read, “All members are strongly encouraged to assist other riders/horses in need of help wherever possible.” This change was made to emphatically support the ideal that while we are competing, the safety and wellbeing of all participants are of utmost concern.
- Section VIII, J2 A clarification that CDR miles are not included in the determination of the Mrs. MARY (Web) COLEMAN AWARD. (Rookie Rider)
- Section VIII, L, 2, 2.4 A statement was inserted to describe the volunteer awards for those earning 1000 miles and more.
- Section VIII, M. ECTRA YEAR-END MEDALLION AWARDS PROGRAM required some adjustments.
- Under Middle Distance the mileage to be considered for a medallion was changed from “100 to 120 Miles (Best two rides to count) to “100 to 150…” This accommodates the possibilities of two 75 mile rides having been completed. The corresponding chart was updated to include these new distances.
- Section VIII, M. A correction had to be made to the mileage referred to for Extended Distance from “180 to 200 Miles (Best two rides to count)” to “160 to 200 Miles…”. The corresponding chart already reflected these distances.
The ECTRA BOD held their first meeting via Skype on March 18th. As a reminder, all ECTRA BOD Meetings are open to any members that wish to attend, even those conducted via Skype. There are a limited number of slots that can be used for Skype so please contact Rebecca Wachtel at email@example.com for instructions on how to join the call. The next scheduled meeting is April 22, 2019 at 7pm. Please note that meeting dates are always included in the minutes published in the newsletter.
Please check your email for awards notifications. If you think you should have gotten one, and don’t see it, check your spam folder. If you don’t find an email and think you should have received one please contact Esther Fiddes.
If you are receiving an award there will be an X next to the name of the award. Please check the spelling of your horse’s name, and let Esther know if it is incorrect
If you are NOT coming to the awards banquet, you MUST let Esther know (click on the link above to email her), and let her know who will be picking up your award.
All replies regarding awards are needed by January 15, 2019.
If you forgot to enter your ECTRA number or your horses you can use this handy form to make updates to ride results: https://form.jotform.co/80325959052863
Ride managers please note that there is a new ride evaluation form posted for 2018! You have the option of using the fillable adobe form to enter the ride name and date before printing or use the old format and let the riders do it.