You’ve all been waiting for them and here they are – Horse and Rider/Driver Mileage Totals for 2018:
Year end tabulation is starting! Any ECTRA members who rode outside rides please review the 2019 Outside Mileage List to confirm all outside mileage is correct.
- Check each ride you and/or your horse completed to ensure the mileage and ECTRA# is entered and correct for horse and rider. Use the online form for corrections.
- If your horse and/or name are missing for an endurance ride, submit the information using the online form note.
Any questions should be sent to Beth Sheldon ASAP!
The Board of Directors meeting has been rescheduled for Monday November 18, 2019 at 7pm. As always, members may join the meeting via Skype. For more information on joining please contact Rebecca Wachtel
ECTRA announces the slate of candidates for the Board of Directors for the upcoming year:
- President: Rebecca Wachtel
- Vice President: Dr. Joan Hiltz
- Treasurer: Megan Thompson
- Secretary: Geneva McNamara
- Board members:
- Jim Theurer
- Esther Fiddes
- Dr Martha Demson
Completing their current terms next year are:
- Katie Vogel
- Jenny Kimberly
The board thanks Louise Lester and Kat Waters for their service!
If anyone wishes to run for any open office, please submit a nomination signed by ten (10) adult members to Geneva McNamara no later than thirty (30) days prior to the annual meeting.*
We are in need of volunteers for many committee positions! Please contact Rebecca Wachtel if you would like to learn more about these opportunities.
*See ECTRA By-Laws Article 5 for complete information
Many of our members who also do AERC rides are familiar with the Shaffer family as Neal, Debra and Austin were often seen riding together. Neal had a number of hoses through the years but Rushcreek Regan is the one most of our recent members will remember. We just received news that Neal passed away on the 23rd of August. An obituary and details on a celebration of life to be held in September may be found HERE. Our condolences go out to the entire Shaffer family.
Buck Shrader passed away April 26, 2019. He was an lifetime and honorary member of ECTRA who timed over 8000 miles of rides and was an ECTRA Volunteer of the Year. With his wife Donna, he helped run many rides starting in 1979 until his retirement (from ECTRA) at the 2015 at the Glass Rides. Many, many ECTRA riders will remember Buck for his unbounding enthusiasm, his choice of wake up calls (usually a rooster crow or Tarzan followed by God Bless America sung by Kate Smith) and his efficiency at keeping everybody on time. He will be deeply missed by the entire ECTRA family. Buck’s full obiturary may be viewed HERE.
The next two BOD meetings will be held via Skype on June 3rd and September 9th at 7pm. As a reminder, all ECTRA BOD Meetings are open to any members that wish to attend, even those conducted via Skype. There are a limited number of slots that can be used for Skype so please contact Rebecca Wachtel at email@example.com for instructions on how to join the call. Please note that meeting dates are also always included in the minutes published in the newsletter.
New Rulebook for 2019. See changes below.
Rulebook Changes for 2019 Ride Year
- Section I under second paragraph, “Spirit of the Rules,” item 1. was changed to read, “All members are strongly encouraged to assist other riders/horses in need of help wherever possible.” This change was made to emphatically support the ideal that while we are competing, the safety and wellbeing of all participants are of utmost concern.
- Section VIII, J2 A clarification that CDR miles are not included in the determination of the Mrs. MARY (Web) COLEMAN AWARD. (Rookie Rider)
- Section VIII, L, 2, 2.4 A statement was inserted to describe the volunteer awards for those earning 1000 miles and more.
- Section VIII, M. ECTRA YEAR-END MEDALLION AWARDS PROGRAM required some adjustments.
- Under Middle Distance the mileage to be considered for a medallion was changed from “100 to 120 Miles (Best two rides to count) to “100 to 150…” This accommodates the possibilities of two 75 mile rides having been completed. The corresponding chart was updated to include these new distances.
- Section VIII, M. A correction had to be made to the mileage referred to for Extended Distance from “180 to 200 Miles (Best two rides to count)” to “160 to 200 Miles…”. The corresponding chart already reflected these distances.
The ECTRA BOD held their first meeting via Skype on March 18th. As a reminder, all ECTRA BOD Meetings are open to any members that wish to attend, even those conducted via Skype. There are a limited number of slots that can be used for Skype so please contact Rebecca Wachtel at firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions on how to join the call. The next scheduled meeting is April 22, 2019 at 7pm. Please note that meeting dates are always included in the minutes published in the newsletter.