All Competitive Trail Rides to be held will be required to submit the following additional items in order to receive sanctioning from ECTRA in 2021. The criteria is designed to make sure the ride is legal and that the insurance for the ride will not be cancelled. We are also suggesting that each ride establish a protocol for running the ride keeping Covid-19 best practices in mind and in line with state, county and local regulations. (Endurance rides are subject to the requirements for sanctioning by AERC.)
The following items will be required by ECTRA and submitted no later than 2 weeks prior to the event to our Sanctioning Director, Lucha Malato. Knowing that state/county/local regulations regarding group size and travel restrictions can change weekly, we must have the sign offs at a date closest to a ride.
1. The ride is limited to no more than the number of people allowed by the state/ county/local government to be in attendance, including volunteers, ride management, crew, riders, family members and spectators. (Provide website link or approval of the group size from officials. See Item 3.)
2. Confirm that the state permits recreational events.( Provide website link or ap-proval from officials. See Item 3.)
3. Show proof of approval or provide contact information of officials who indicated that the event could be held. Officials may be county commissioner, other county officials, health department, or officials of local government. (Name and phone number of contact or copy of emails, letter required.)
4. Provide letter/documents confirming the Land Use permit.
5. If your state, county or town has travel restrictions you will need approval in writing from officials. (See Item 3.) Ride management is required to provide de- tails of such travel restrictions to all participants prior to the ride.
6. Submit your ride Covid-19 plan and make sure all participants have been made aware of the plan prior to the ride. That would be a plan as to how you are reducing close contact amongst riders, judges, volunteers, etc., handling vetting in and out and mid-point, serving foods, pre-ride briefing and awards ceremony, etc. (AERC has prepared some guidance. You may want to review it through this link. https://aerc.org/static/temp/COVID-19_Guidelines.pdf)